Pesquisar este blog

Olá

Muito me alegra pela sua visita. É um blog pretensioso, mas também informativo

terça-feira, 14 de setembro de 2010

Teatro de Tenneesse expulsa demônios em à Margem da Vida


LAURA: Mother, you've made me so nervous !
A M A N D A: How have I made you nervous ?
LAURA: By all this fuss ! You make it seem so important !
AMANDA: I don't understand you, Laura. You couldn't be satisfied with just sitting home, and yet whenever I try to arrange something for you, you seem to resist it. [She gets up.] Now take a look at yourself. No, wait ! Wait just a moment - I have an idea !
LAURA: What is it now?
[AMANDA produces two powder puffs which she wraps in handkerchiefs and stuffs in LAURA's bosom.]
LAURA: Mother, what are you doing?
AMANDA: They call them 'Gay Deceivers'!
LAURA: I won't wear them !
AMANDA: YOU Will !
LAURA: Why should I?
AMANDA: Because, to be painfully honest, your chest is flat.
LAURA: You make it seem like we were setting a trap.
AMANDA: All pretty girls are a trap, a pretty trap, and men expect them to be !
[LEGEND: ' A PRETTY TRAP']
Now look at yourself, young lady. This is the prettiest you will ever be ! I've got. to fix myself now ! You're going to be surprised by your mother's appearance ! [She crosses through portières, humming gaily.]
[LAURA moves slowly to the long mirror and stares solemnly at herself. A wind blows the white curtains inward in a slow, graceful motion and with a faint, sorrowful sighing .]
AMANDA [off stage]: It isn't dark enough yet. [LAURA turns slowly before the mirror with a troubled look .]
LEGEND ON SCREEN: ' THIS IS MY SISTER: CELEBRATE HER WITH STRINGS!' MUSIC.]
AMANDA [laughing, off]: I'm going to show you something. I'm going to make a spectacular appearance I
LAURA: What is it, Mother?
AMANDA: Possess your soul in patience ? you will see !
Something I've resurrected from that old trunk! Styles haven't changed so terribly much after all.
[She parts the portières.]
Now just look at your mother !
[She wears a girlish frock of yellowed voile with a blue silk sash. She carries a bunch of jonquils - the legend of her youth is nearly revived.]
[Feverishly]: This is the dress in which I led the cotillion, won the cakewalk twice at Sunset Hill, wore one spring to the Governor's ball in Jackson !
See how I sashayed around the ballroom, Laura?
[She raises her skirt and does a mincing step around the room.]

Trecho da peça À Margem da Vida (The Glass of Menagerie), de Tenneesse Wiliams

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário